Do you ……
- Lay awake at night worrying about work?
- Wake up with disturbing dreams?
- Over-react to minor problems with anger, anxiety, hurt feelings or cry?
- Indulge yourself with food or refuse to eat when faced with a problem?
- Increase your intake of alcohol or smoking when troubled?
- Always feel bored or lonely?
- Find it difficult to relax even in quiet moments?
- Feel there is always not enough time to get things done?
- Find that your performance at work is dropping?
- Find you can’t concentrate and focus when reading or working?
- Have difficulty in making decisions?
- Catch colds or flu easily?
- Have frequent: headaches, migraines, digestive problems, aching back, neck or joints, breathing problem, muscle spasms or heart palpitations?
- Feel you are not sexually active?
- Have a skin condition that gets worse: acne, eczema, psoriasis?
- Always grind your teeth or experience gum and teeth disease?
- Loose your hair?
- Always have cold hands and feet?
- Always feel anxious?
- Always need to receive personal support?
Your body is definitely under stress. A little bit of stress is healthy for your body; it makes your life interesting and energetic. However, if the stress is prolonged or there are repeated stress then it can threaten your psychological and physical wellbeing, often resulting in illness.
Tension build up in the muscles causes a decrease in blood circulation and nutrients. This can lead to heart disorders, memory loss, gastrointestinal disorders and a decreasing immune system. Eventually the whole body system will be affected, creating serious health problems.
Why Massage Is Good For You
Thanks to the art and science of massage these life threatening problems can be controlled and remedied. The therapy not only works on the muscles, tendons and ligaments, but also on the skin, blood vessels, lymph, nerves and some internal organs.
This brings back the body balance, physically, mentally and emotionally. It frees repressed emotions, reduces anxiety and enhances self-image and self-worth.
Remedial massage is based on the philosophy that the body always wants to be well and so encourages natural healing. The soothing and relaxing massage helps to decrease muscular tension and speeds up the removal of waste.
The nerves provide stimulus for movement and feeling and are extremely sensitive and alert to the atmosphere inside and outside the body.
Although massage cannot lay claim to cure illness but it should not be dismissed as a luxury. It makes you feel good, outside and in.
The therapy is a natural, gentle, painless, drugless, safe, non-threatening, non-invasive yet effective. The movements are specially adapted to individual’s needs. It is itself a complementary therapy and is able to treat a wide variety of complaints including stress, depression, tension, asthma, arthritis, backache, joint and muscle sprains, headaches, cramp, high blood pressure, insomnia, and rheumatism
What happens at a treatment?
In the first treatment at least half an hour is allocated to fill up the consultation form. It consists of questions about yourself, your medical conditions and your lifestyle. The main aim is to get to know you as well as to collect some general information on you and your concerns. The information will be of complete confidentiality and it will be used to design the appropriate treatment for you.
The actual massage takes place on a special massage therapy table that is comfortably padded. It is also hygienically lined with fresh couch roll, a fresh set of towels and couch cover for every client. Every effort will be made to ensure your comfort, safety and dignity throughout the treatment.
The settings will encourage your body and mind to loosen up, relax and unwind, leaving any worries behind and just enjoy the special treatment that you will experience.
The treatment will end with an aftercare advice. This session will give you guidelines for you to follow to prolong the effect of the treatment. We will also discuss some matters that will be of concern to you so that you will benefit fully from the session.
What are contra-indications?
Contra-indications are any medical conditions or illnesses which makes it not possible for the treatment to go ahead. Contra-indications will be checked before each treatment to make sure it is safe.
Treatment is not possible at all for the following conditions:
- Intoxication either by alcohol or illegal substances or from any medications that cause drowsiness
- Contagious or infectious diseases
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Recently being vaccinated
What are the side effects to all the massages?
Some clients experience tiredness, dizziness, an increased desire to urinate (as the body eliminates toxins and waste materials) or aching muscles.
All of these side effects usually last for no more than a few hours, after which clients generally experience increased energy and alertness.